The areawide youth groups are going to Adrenaline Zone on Friday, March 7. We will play Laser Tag and Demolition Ball and hang out at A.Z.
We will leave Lafayette at 8 PM. IF YOU WANT – show up early for a movie, snacks and pizza at 6:30 PM in the EPICenter. The cost is $20 either way. You may also want to bring some snack and arcade game money for “down time” at AZ.
You must sign up by Wednesday night, March 5 to guarantee a ride AND if you are staying early, you need to let us know when you sign up. We should return to the Lafayette Building between 11:30-11:45 PM.
We may need a parent or 2 if anyone is interested. If you are a parent and are interested in going, please contact Mike at 317.796.8720.
Winterfest is almost here! Please check the original Winterfest Page Announcement for all the details.
Here are a few important Reminders!
- Parents can follow info concerning the trip in a couple of ways:Twitter – random updates, pictures, etc about the weekend. It also includes ALL text messages sent on our teenEPIC Text Service.
- Here is the School Letter for excused absences
- Here is the current Rooming List - this is subject to change
- If you haven’t updated your Medical Release & Info Form, please bring that Wednesday to Youth Group
- Be at Lafayette by no later that 5:20 AM WITH your breakfast (give yourself time to stop for breakfast).
- we are on a tight timetable for getting there in time for the early session so please don’t be the ONE who holds the bus up.
- Bring snacks and your breakfast with you onto the bus.
- When you arrive (don’t arrive before 5 AM)
- PUT YOUR OWN LUGGAGE IN THE CARGO BAY (below the bus)- keep your carry on items – including MEAL MONEY for stops
- USE the restroom
- Get in line to get on the bus. (probably inside)Adults will be on the bus first
- NO SAVING SEATS (if you want to sit with a friend, you must wait for them to arrive to get in line or to get on the bus)
- We are attending EARLY SESSIONS this year! Sessions start at 9 AM on Sat and 7 AM on Sunday. You need to get rest the nights before.
- Electronics — the goal here is to not restrict but to encourage interaction among those on the trip. It does no good for you to be on the trip with 50 other people if you are calling and texting people at home, or otherwise have your head in a screen and earphones on the whole weekend.
- Phones are only to be used to check in with parents – this includes texting (all weekend)
- earphones – can be out the 1st 3 hours of the trip and possibly other times when we have “quiet time” – we will let you know.
- Yes you can sleep with your music (unless you have explicit music on your device)
- electronic games (iPods, phones, whatever) can only be played if you are interacting with someone else around you.
- anyone not sticking to these rules will forfeit all of their electronic devices for the weekend.
- Reminder of General Rules
- The chaperones on this trip have given of their time, energy, and money to help make this trip a success. You will respect them (even if/especially if that chaperone is your parent)
- No Guys in Girls rooms and no Girls in Guys rooms. PERIOD.
- Nothing illegal should be brought or used (drugs, alcohol, any controlled substance) – this would also include tobacco or any kind of weapon.
- breaking one of the above rules may lead to you being sent home at your parent’s expense and/or not being allowed to attend future events.
Sam Anderson & Aaron Thompson are putting together a Video Bible Drama for LTC. They need actors and your help!
CLICK HERE to sign up for the auditions and to help them out. You DO NOT have to an LTC participant to help.
All activities at the Lafayette Church of Christ - INCLUDING teenEPIC Youth Group – have been cancelled for tonight, Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
We will have our signups for Winterfest Housing in the EPICenter on Sunday immediately following classes.