It’s that time of year again! Time for the Neotez Volleyball Tournament. The tournament is a fun way for Neotez to raise money each year. Our Youth groups get together and play volleyball or just hang out!
We will leave right after classes on Sunday, September 13 and should be back no later than 6:15 PM (we are at the mercy of the games and organizers – we will send out a text/twitter if we are running late) CLICK HERE to sign up for texts.
If volleyball is not your thing, that’s OK, bring some cards or games and hang out and cheer our teams on!
- Date: Sept 13, 2015
- Who: 6th-12th grade
- When: We leave right after AM classes. We will return before or by 6:30 PM
- Cost: $6 – we ask that everyone donate whether you play or not – the money goes to Camp Neotez.
- Cost: $ for cheap lunch and dinner at the tournament. About $10 for food will fill you up for the day.
- Sign up here BY SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 6 – whether you play or just come and cheer you need to sign up so we make sure to have enough transportation.
- lawn chair
- tennis shoes
- blanket or something to sit on
- Money for Lunch ~ $5
- Money for dinner ~ $5
- anything else to get you through the day.
- Please wear modest clothing – fingertip length shorts, t-shirts or something with a sleeve over the shoulder (no tank or halter tops please)
- Please don’t bring iPods or electronic stuff (Be With Who You’re With)
Thanks for helping support Camp Neotez
Contact Mike at Mike@teenepic.org for more info.
This Sunday all grades (6th-Graduates) will be in the EPICenter during our regular class time. We are inviting back
our 2015 Graduates and will say “goodbye” for the last time as we present them with their encouragement boxes and pray over them. In addition, we will be welcoming our only 5th Grader, Michael Rhoades. Of course, we will be having Bacon and Bagels as part of the celebration!
For our last Thursday Throwdown of the summer we will go work with Circle of Concern, organizing school supplies for a couple of hours. After we are finished there, we will head to Sonic!
We will meet at the EPICenter at 8:30 am and should return by around 12:15 pm.
Bring money for Sonic.
This organization always really appreciates our help, so come ready to serve!
Please sign up here:
After Kidsfest on Wednesday, we will go to see Ant-man! We will leave the parking lot right after dismissal from Kidsfest (2 PM). We should be back to the building by around 5 PM (we will text on our way home). Cost is $6.00 for the movie.
Please Sign up by Noon Wednesday. (This is for 6th-12th Grade)
Upon popular request, we will be re-vamping a past event of playing around in paint into something even more exhilarating… PAINT WARS! We will divide everyone up into two tribes and play a series of games involving, well, paint! It’s going to be a messy blast and will be even more fun the more people we have, so be sure to make it and invite a friend!
Other things to know:
-Show up in front of the EpiCenter at 1pm on Thursday. Pickup will be at 3:15-ish-pm.
-Wear clothes/shoes you don’t mind making multi-colored. BRING A CHANGE OF CLOTHES AND A TOWEL. We will hose everyone off afterwards and change, and will have trash bags you can put your messy clothes in.
-Come having already eaten, and we will have cold treats at some point.
-Bring an adventurous attitude and prepare to be in the group picture of the year.
-Event cost: Free! Woohoo!
We love you guys and are excited for this event. See you Wednesday night at the Honduras sendoff!
We have an Areawide Senior High Float Trip (incoming 9th grade – graduates). We will leave the building at 8:45 AM on Tuesday, July 28 and will return by around 6:30 – 7PM (We will text on our way back). The cost is $20. See “What to Bring” below.
Going on a float trip with the youth group means: no bikinis (tankinis ok), guys keep your shirt on, our boats stay together on the river, you must have a current Medical Release & Information Form. If you DO NOT want to wear a life jacket, your PARENT(s) must fill out a Lifejacket Waiver 2015 Form!!!
PLEASE SIGN UP BY Friday, July 24.
Who: Sr. High (incoming 9th-Graduates)
When: Tuesday, July 28.
Details: Leave the building at 8:45 AM – Return by 6:30 – 7 PM
Cost: $20 per person (covers your cost and helps with chaperones)
What to Bring: $ for snacks or stop on the way home, Fun stuff, Lunch (in waterproof bags), waterproof sunscreen, sun glasses, hat, dry towel (keep in van) and change of clothes (keep in van).
Going on a float trip with the youth group means: no bikinis (tankinis ok), guys keep your shirt on, our boats stay together on the river, you must have a current Medical Release & Information Form. If you DO NOT want to wear a life jacket, your PARENT(s) must fill out a Lifejacket Waiver 2015 Form.
PLEASE READ ALL THE INFORMATION CAREFULLY:
Who Can Go: Middle School & High School
Cost: See Below
- Cardinal Game – Friday, July 24 – TRANSPORTATION ON YOUR OWN!!! Tickets in a SoulLift Block. You may buy as many tickets as you want as long as they are available. (We will not purchase Cardinal tickets until you have paid – they are limited).
- Youth Rally – Saturday, July 25 – 12:00 PM (leave from Lafayette) -10:00 PM (Return to Lafayette)
- Six Flags- Sunday, July 26 –transportation on your own. Parents are responsible for your own teens.
SoulLift Youth Rally is SATURDAY, July 25! We will be leaving the Lafayette building at 12:00 PM (you can get to the building as early as 11:45) – you need to bring a sack lunch or eat before we go. We will return around 10 PM (students will call parents on the way back) . You will need to bring money for a fast-food dinner. The cost for the youth rally is $18 if you sign up AND PAY by Sunday, July 19. (This deadline is for Lafayette only as we have pre-bought some early-bird rate tickets.) The cost after after July 19 is $23. If you need scholarship help for the youth rally (Saturday only), please contact Mike by email.
Six-Flags – We will once again worship at the park at 9 AM (before the park opens). You MUST have a Six Flags ticket to get in. Transportation to and from the park is on your own. Parents assume there will be no supervision for your child at the park (although Kyle and Mike will be hanging out for some of the afternoon) – it is the parent’s responsibility to either attend the park with your child OR initiate communication concerning drop-off and pickup times. If you would like to order Six Flags tickets and/or a meal voucher for Six flags see cost below.
Because of the complexity of options, we’re going to have you sign up the OLD FASHION WAY – PAPER (or PDF)!!!
Download the SoulLift-Lafayette Registration Form to sign up. (Hard copies available in the EPICenter)
TO PAY: Put the FORM AND your $ (cash or check made out to teenEPIC) in an envelope with your name on it. (Please order AND pay as a family – order everything you need as a family)
Give to Mike, Bailey, or Kyle ASAP.
If you bring a friend or if you are a visitor, they (you) must have Medical Release & Info Form on file.
- Cardinal Ticket – $20
- Youth Rally Tickets (Saturday) – $18 by Sunday, July 19, $23 after July 19)
- Six Flags Ticket Only – $32
- SoulLift T-shirt – $15 (XXL or XXXL=$17) We ran out of t-shirts last year. There are a limited number.
- Meal Voucher – $13 (good at several restaurants in the park)
- Parking Pass – $15 (if you’re going to the park on Sunday, you will save money by buying it from SoulLift)
If you have any questions, call Mike – 317.796.8720