Signing up helps us plan for YOU! It would stink to run out of food or not have enough seats for transportation somewhere! So please help us have great youth group events by signing up! ALSO if you sign up and then realize you can’t go, please let us know that too!
Here is a current list of events and sign-ups:
Event * Event Date * Deadline to Sign up
BreakDown St. Louis * Oct 23 * October 12
Bison Days – Harding *Oct 27-30*October 5
Refuge * Nov 11-13 * Oct 9 ($75 + free t-shirt), Oct 23 ($80 + free t-shirt), $90 after until the camp is full.
Service Project * Nov 2 * coming soon
teenEPIC Christmas Party * Dec 9 *
Caroling at West County Home * Dec 21 *
Thanks to one of our Sr. High volleyball teams at the Neotez Volleyball Tournament, we get pizza (snack) tonight with our group devo! We will fellowship, sing, and Olivia and Malachi will share some devotional thoughts. See you then!
More INFO AND SIGN UPS COMING!
Bring your rakes, blowers, gloves, and other cleaning equipment! We will visit some local families to help clean up their yard for the fall! Lunch on your own them meet back at the building at 1:30 pm. We will be done working by 4:30. Hang out for a while and enjoy some hot chocolate and snacks.
PARENTS (and others) – we need help with this! We need workers to lead the teens, prepare and provide snacks and hot chocolate.
Some of the teenEPIC group from Refuge 2015
Our AreaWide Fall Retreat – REFUGE – is coming up quickly, November 11-13. It is for Middle School and High School.
Forms will be available at Youth Group tonight. You get a $5 discount (so the Continue reading
On Sunday, October 23 our Senior High will be going to see Breakdown StL. It is a Christian-based drama group that performs in the St Louis area. They deal with some pretty hard-hitting issues. In case you didn’t know, our own Mary Joy Uebelein is in the cast of this group – so we’re going to support her as well!
There is a limited number of spots so sign up as soon as you can! You must sign up by Wednesday, October 12. If you sign up and find out you can’t go, please let Mike know ASAP.
The van will leave the Lafayette building at 5:45 pm and should return around 10 PM. Eat dinner before you come.
- What: Breakdown STL
- When: Sunday Oct 23
- What time: 5:45 – 10 PM
- Who: Sr. High (8th graders who can deal with sensitive topics are invited as well)
- Sign up below – if plans change, let Mike know.
teenEPIC Mission Trip Info Meeting
On October 16 there will be a 30 minute informational meeting concerning the Summer 2017 Youth Ministry Honduras Trip. This will take place in the MIDDLE SCHOOL ROOM (located on the back hallway of the Education Wing). Teens and their parents are encouraged to attend if you are interested in going.
Know Before You Go
- The tentative dates are July 14-21 or July 15-22 (still working with the airlines to get the best price).
- The approximate costs is $1400-$1500 – depending on final cost for airline tickets. This should be firm by the time of the meeting.
- You must be 16 years old as of July 1 in order to travel without a parent.
- $200 deposit holds your spot – You can give this at anytime now.
- Once the 24 spots are taken, the deposit becomes non-refundable unless it can be filled by someone on the waiting list.
- After November 1, the deposit become non-refundable (because of airline commitments)
- We have a total of 24 spots available – Lafayette teens and their parents will be given preference until October 23. A Lafayette teen may also hold a spot for 1 friend.
SENIORS, JUNIORS, SOPHOMORES – There has been enough interest that we will be taking a trip to Bison Days at Harding this fall. (If there’s enough interest – usually 4-5 students – in going to Lipscomb, Oklahoma Christian, or another Christian School in the Spring let me know now and we’ll plan it!)
The dates are October 27-October 30. We will leave on Thursday, Continue reading
Tonight we kick off our Fall 2016 Small Groups! Our Wednesday night Small Groups are all about connecting with God and one another! The first 2 weeks we will be getting to know our small groups! The rest of the semester, we will digging into the book of John!
Make every effort you can to come be a part! You won’t regret!