- UPLIFT is a middle school/senior high Christian camp on Harding University’s campus in Searcy, AR (our group is only taking middle school). Each day there is worship and class in the mornings, recreation and activities (swimming, volleyball, soccer, basketball, etc.) in the afternoons, and devotionals and a variety of entertainment at night. Students are supervised by a staff of trained counselors and directors. It is a week of fun, growth, and building relationship with God and one another (including new friends you will meet).
Why: Our Purpose
- This trip was not originally planned but our middle school group shows great promise of spiritual maturity and leadership.
- We want to provide an opportunity for them to move forward in building relationships with Christ and with one another through a unique shared experience. This week together is a chance to do that. These relationships will propel them into high school and the next 4 to 5 years.
When: June 8th-13th
- We will leave the church building on Saturday, June 8 at 11AM.
- Eat lunch before you arrive OR bring a sack lunch to eat on the van.
- We will eat dinner on campus.
- We will leave campus at 9AM on Thursday, June 13th.
- We will eat lunch on the road (probably McDonalds in Corning, AR)
- We should return to the Lafayette parking lot by 3pm.
Cost: $250 plus spending money
- You will be asked to pay the registration fee online when you register, DO NOT give money to Mike or Garrett.
- If you register before April 14th, the application is discounted and you will only be charged $230, otherwise you must register at the $250 level by April 28.
- IMPORTANT: Because we have to account for transportation, etc. if you register with Harding AFTER April 28 but haven’t told Garret, you may not have transportation to Searcy.
- The registration includes meals and all camp activities for the week.
- Extra Money
- There may be a need for extra money if you wish to buy a t-shirt or something in the Bookstore or a snack at the Campus Mini-Mart. There is also a Starbucks on campus.
- You will need lunch money for the ride back.
- WE CANNOT REGISTER AND PAY FOR YOU – YOU MUST REGISTER WITH AND PAY HARDING
- CLICK HERE for the link to register AND step-by-step instructions on how to become FULLY REGISTERED, please read everything!
- The UPLIFT online registration is not user friendly, please apply ASAP in case you run into any problems.
- AFTER YOU REGISTER WITH HARDING, please let Garrett know you have registered for UPLIFT.
- Students will stay on campus in the dorms. Students from the same youth group will be placed in the same room and hall together.
- Garrett will drive and attend UPLIFT with the group.
- Once we get to Harding students will be assigned to college-age UPLIFT counselors for daytime activities. There are also dorm counselors that include proper adult supervision.
- Although Garrett will not be your counselor, he will will around throughout the week and will check in often with teenEPIC students.