(note: the graphic is wrong. It should say the 14th). No school on Monday so the Sr. High will hang out at the EPICenter Sunday night (Jan 14). We will start at 6 PM. Everyone bring a 2-liter AND your favorite food to share (more if you’re up to it 😉) also bring a game (board game, card game, or video game to hook up to one of the TVs). We will wrap up around 10 PM.
Winterfest deposits are due today (1/7) for the discount to apply (CLICK HERE for all the WF details). (I am sick so) Give your money to Whitney deSambourg or Lee Ann this morning. Make sure you put cash in an envelope and checks can be written to Lafayette Church.
Also make sure you are signed up TODAY (even if you don’t have the money, I need to know about your intent to go)! If we don’t have enough for a bus at this point, I will have to rent vans. Renting vans makes it less flexible to add more people.
2018! It’s time to sign up for LTC!
Now that the holidays are over, it’s time to sign up for LTC. You can – CLICK HERE to find out more!
- To sign up for emails and Remind messages – CLICK HERE
- To see all the dates on a Google Calendar – CLICK HERE
If you’re all ready to go and want to get signed up – CLICK HERE
ABOUT SIGNING UP
- Please only sign up for events you definitely intend to participate in.
- Please check the LTC Calendar before you sign up. It is important for us to know how much we can count on you as we assign parts in drama and puppets.
SPECIAL NOTE about Bible Bowl:
Because of travel schedules and timing issues, we are going to approach the Bible Bowl differently. You are encouraged to participate in Bible Bowl (on Friday night) as an indivicual but we will not be coaching this event this year. As a group, we will be participating in the Bible Challenge (this link is to the 2017 Event Rules). Shawn Stone will be heading this up. Check out what Shawn has planned in the video below:
Yes, it’s Finals Week – you’re almost done! You need a short break to come (studying too much fries your brain – believe me, I know), enjoy a little time together, encourage each other, and be reminded of what is really important!
This Wednesday night for teenEPIC Youth Group, we will have a short devo, share in some hot chocolate and goodies, play the Saran Wrap game, hang out, and finish by FaceTiming Garrett Bender in China!
If you would like something besides store-bought cookies and snacks, it would be great if a few of you could bring some snacks to go along with the Lee Ann’s Homemade Hot Chocolate. Let me know if you’re bringing something and how much and I’ll bring less.
We’ll start the Saran Wrap game at 6:50 (because it takes a while) or when at least 4 of you have shown up…See you then!
February 16-18, 2018
- ADULT CHAPERONES – please be at the building at 4:30 AM
- TEENS – Be at the building by 4:45 AM Friday morning
- WHEN YOU GET THERE
- Make sure you’ve eaten or that you have your breakfast with you!
- PUT YOUR OWN LUGGAGE IN THE CARGO BAY (below the bus)- keep your carry on items – including MEAL MONEY for stops. Take your pillows, money, and anything you will need for the trip with you on the bus and go inside the building.
- Use the bathroom before you get on the bus
- We should be back by around 9 PM on Sunday night.
- We will have students call parents when we are 3-4 hours away in Paducah.
- PARENTS: Our adults have to get home so they can go to work the next morning, please try to be aware of return times posted on twitter or text messages so everyone can get home in a timely manner. Unless we hit unexpected traffic or weather, we are usually within 10-15 minutes of projected times 4 hours out.
- Students will not be dismissed until the bus is cleaned out and Mike & the driver give the OK—parents please help us with this.
- WHEN YOU GET THERE
Communication – Parents can keep up to date with any changes, etc.
Planning on Shopping Tomorrow?
If you don’t already have a charity through Amazon, just clicking below before you shop there helps our youth group go to Winterfest and other events throughout the year! It costs you nothing…well…except for buying what you were going to buy to begin with 🙂
Thanks for your help!
This link is good year-around!